10.07.2012

Sunny Seattle Sunday

So how is your weekend going?  It is just beautiful here in Seattle.  We haven't had rain in over two months which I love.....it is a bit chilly but sunny.  Perfect Fall weather in my opinion!! My roses are blooming - again!!!!
I stitched two of the blocks together for my Pillow Swap Talk Pillow yesterday.  I'm over my doubts about whether or not my partner will like it.  I'm going for it!!

It is not stitched together - that is why the seams aren't lined up.  I'll add a yellow and aqua square so it won't read so pink.

If the block looks familiar to you -  it is going to be the first in my Vintage Block Quilt Along.  I'm so excited about this. I have been collection vintage quilt patterns and have wanted to make a sampler quilt with some of my favorites.  I will be posting a pattern and tute at least once a month.  This is a no stress, no pressure quilt along....I hope you will join me!  Details coming soon!!

On the home front,  my hubby has ripped out the porch and front steps.  It was becoming a hazard with boards and nails popping up! Here is the before:


This is my inspiration pic for the "after".


Have a lovely Sunday!
xo
Charise

9 comments:

  1. Meanwhile in this corner of the world it seems like we haven't had a day WITHOUT rain for the past two months!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute blocks and what a lovely porch you will have when hubby is done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh - I love that block! I'm so excited for your QAL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty blocks!! They'd make a beautiful pattern repeat too!

    Good luck with the new porch - love the inspiration pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a sweet quilt block -- i love those vintage fabrics! you do such nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure your partner will love what you've created....the added and aqua and yellow are going to be perfect. You must be thrilled with the steps makeover, it's beautiful! Can't wait for the QAL to start, love vintage patterns :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me encanta este bloque ,cualquier ayuda para hacerlo seria festejado .La entrada de su casa quedo bella ,felicidades por su esposo.Cariños.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness I absolutely love your PTS blocks and with yellow and aqua blocks too its going to be stunning. I'm desperately hoping that I'm your partner but I doubt I could be that lucky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pillow is going to be so lovely!! I am loving it already!
    Your house looks even prettier now ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!