7.05.2015

What is a girl to do when it is hot outside? Turn up the fan and Sew!!!




Happy 4th of July to all my U.S. North American friends.  I hope you had a good one!
It has been unseasonably hot here in the Pacific Northwest - in the 90's!   So what does a girl do when it is too warm to go outside (well, if I'm not at the beach with my rascal boys!)  Why sew, of course : )


I have always loved Pucci prints and when I received this fabric in a Girl Charlee Knit Fix assortment  I knew a dress was in order!  To clarify, Girl Charlee Fabrics sells a special assortment of 2 yard cuts of knit fabric - a surprise bag every month.  Lets just say, I need to be sewing up all that knit fabric I've ordered : )

If you want to see some vintage Pucci prints, click [HERE]


The pattern is Simplicity 1804.  I lengthened the shortest version to make more of a midi length.
A versatile pattern,  I can see wearing it to the beach as a swim suit cover up or it can be dressed up for a night out!



Happy Sewing!
xo
Charise

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the print...the dress is really cute...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the dress and yes I've been sewing too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great!! I'll have to go and check out that pattern. You did a wonderful job with the topstitching around the neck: no wobbles! Hugs,H

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!