7.17.2015

Kettle's On! ~ My stop on the Farm Girl Vintage Sew Along




Hello and Happy Friday.    Farm Girl Friday that is : )
I am excited to share my block from the new book by Lori Holt of a Bee in my Bonnet, "Farm Girl Vintage".


The book is fantastic and has 45 adorable quilt blocks and patterns for quilts,
potholders and table toppers.

Each block has a pattern for a 6" or 12" block.
Lori shares her farm girl past with adorable pics of her family
growing up on a farm in Utah.

Check out this fun video from the Fat Quarter Shop for a clever way to bind a potholder using backing fabric [HERE]

I made the Kettle's On! block and chose an aqua, red and pink theme.

The blocks are labeled alphabetically so I used my Alphabitties to mark all the pieces.
I love the way they coordinate with the fabrics : )


I thought My Kettles On block would make a perfect little purse and even had the red handles in my stash!

Be sure to check out the other bloggers and their blocks and projects.  
You can find the schedule [HERE]
If you Instagram, check out the hashtag #FarmGirlFridays for more inspiring creations.

Happy Sewing!
xo
Charise



11 comments:

  1. The purse is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. Love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The block is great! Yet another wonderful pattern you've created. It looks great on the purse. I have to ask, the apron to the left of the block, is that your pattern? Love the color and would really like to know what pattern it's from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I just love your teakettle purse! It is absolutely adorable! I just started quilting - just because of Lori's book. I am having a wonderful time - even with my mistakes. I'm learning! Thank you for sharing this amazing creation! You inspired me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Kettles On block! Your fabric choices are perfect!! That purse is amazing, I love it!!! Is it from one of your patterns?❤️👛❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. This bag is so pretty! I wondered what you were making with the added on fabric pieces in that first picture. It would have never occurred to me that this could be a bag. Everything about it is lovely. The handles! Just perfect!!! I don't know if you are on IG but I am going to look! sewcute.sewhappy on IG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I know who you are. I bought your Anna blouse pattern and have my eye on the your Gathered Bag pattern! I love the blouse and no I haven't made it yet as I am doing the Farm Girl Vintage and Little Joys and a pillow. I can't wait to make the blouse though. I hope to retire soon so I can sew to my heart's content! Such a joy again to see The Kettle Purse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely adorable. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your use of this kettle on a little purse is so fantastic! I do love your work, so clever !
    I was so sad to see no comment on this post! so, congratulations from France ! You are a gorgeous crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea. Was there any particular pattern you used to create the rest of the bag? Just curious. :) It looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!