8.09.2012

Thrifty Thursday

Hi!   Hope you are having a lovely summer so far.
We went on a camping trip a few weeks ago and on the way (we camped near Mt St Helens) I stopped at my favorite antique mall in Olympia, Wa - Finders Keepers.

I picked up this vintage quilt top for $16!  I'm not sure what I will do with it but I just loved all the 1930's feedsack prints.






I also picked up this vintage kitchen fabric - probably circa 1960's.  Love it!


My roses are blooming for the second time!  Love this time of year since there is not much to do in the garden except water and enjoy!

Have a lovely day!

xo
Charise

10 comments:

  1. only $16! that is crazy! you are one lucky girl to find that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that quilt top is gorgeous! Lucky find with both that and the vintage fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic find for $16!! What a beautiful block! And the vintage fabric is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilting finds! The quilt top is lovely - bargain at $16!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it common to find unquilted tops at antique shops? I'm working on learning free-motion quilting now and it would be so much fun to work on quilting something like that instead of practice sandwiches all the time. It's lovely; lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool quilt...i really love the colors!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an incredible quilt top! I used to live near Olympia... That 60s kitchen print literally gave me goosebumps. Love your dahlias.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got a great deal on that quilt! Good for you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a nice quilt top! Will you be finishing it by hand? I love the vintage flower prints. I always think that I should have born in the 40's, so I can enjoy the 60's and 70's fabric! However, I love being in the this century. I can enjoy and learn so much from people far and near! Love your fabric print as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh such wonderful vintage finds!! The quilt top is so special..! It makes me smile to see it in your beautiful garden ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!