7.12.2011

Fun with Paper Piecing

My latest sewing obsession has been Paper piecing! I got the bug awhile ago when I found images from an incredible group of ladies who formed the Ringo Pie Bee. I've watched the group and the incredible things they create. You can find it here>

About a week ago I was invited to join a Bee of incredibly talented gals. We are following Ringo Pie and will make blocks for the Member of the month based on their theme. I was so honored and excited to be included with this talented group of sewists.

Our "homework" for July and August is to practice our quilting techniques. Lauree who co founded the bee had a link to this fabulous book.


Here is my first block from the book.

And my second.



This is my design based on elements from the book. I'm on a roll.....

Happy Creating!


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I am getting this book!!!!! I can't wait to see all of the great things that come from our bee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i just love these blocks! you have inspired me to get the book and finally start learning how to paper piece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I popped over from etsy to see who you are. Stunning.
    I love your color choices.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I tried to post on your ice cream cone post, but was unable to. Sorry. Love your blog and what your are doing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your works are wonderful and the choice of fabrics is guessed.
    I joined your blog.
    If you'd like to visit my blog this is the address:
    http://saladiquiltatura.blogspot.com
    Greetings from Italy
    Flavia

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, I wish I could learn to paper piece. My brain just doesn't get it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!