7.29.2015

Work In Progress Wednesday ~ Modern Hexagon Handbag


RJR Fabrics sent me the loveliest bundle of fabric - the new line from Amy Barickman "Vintage Modern Centennial Collection" 
It is a sewing inspired fabric with vintage images and some great text and geometric prints.  It is available in stores in September '15.


I thought it would be perfect in my new design ~ the Modern Hexagon Handbag.


The line comes in a turquoise/fuschia color way and a black/cream/blue gray color way.




I decided to add a thicker stabilizer - a foam stabilizer that adds a lot of body and a bit of thickness.  It is from Pellon ~ Pellon Flex foam, and I purchased it at my local Joann fabric store.  



If you prefer a bag that stands up by itself and you want to add foam stabilizer to yours, cut 2 pieces 1/4" beyond the "Fold Line" on the LINING pattern piece.  Baste the stabilizer  to the back of the interfaced front panels with a 1/4" basting stitch.  Cut 1 piece of stabilizer from the GUSSET Pattern piece.  Baste to the Outside gusset with a 1/4" basting stitch.
Continue sewing as per the instructions.

Be sure to head on over to Freshly Pieced for some inspiring Work In Progress Projects!

Happy Sewing!
xo
Charise




2 comments:

  1. Such cute fabrics in that vintage line ~ they look great in your Modern Hexagon Handbag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!