9.14.2014

Sunday Stash with Liberty Tana Lawns



I hope you are enjoying your Sunday.  I picked the last of the lavender from my garden that I will use for sachets and cooking.  My husband makes killer Lavender lemon scones!  The recipe is from my favorite Seattle bakery - Macrina.  
My roses are still blooming - you can see a little peek in the upper right hand corner of the photo.
My house is full of vases with the luscious smelling blooms.  I will be sad when they are gone.


I could't resist making a sachet with the my Liberty Tana 
Lawn scraps  and lavender from my garden!  The pattern is one I designed, way back when, for Stitch Gifts 2012.
You could also use my tutorial for a simple four patch sachet - tutorial is [here].  It is a great project for using your favorite scraps.  


Here is a little sneak peek of a project I am working on for the Liberty Craft Blog with these beautiful fabrics!  They are so summery which is nice since summer is coming to an end.  I love the citrus colors (hint, hint).

Have a lovely evening!
xo
Charise




1 comment:

  1. Charise, I'm confused by "Tana Lawn." Isn't a cotton lawn a really lightweight, almost sheer fabric? Or am I thinking of something else? I don't have any local shops that carry Liberty fabrics, but I see them used in quilt blogs and books from time to time. The prints are gorgeous and I'd love to give them a try, but if they are much flimsier and lighter weight than the quilting cottons I'm used to working with, do you have to line them with something or do anything else to them first? Can they be mixed with other weight cotton fabrics or are the Liberty lawns best used alone?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!