4.04.2014

My Babies are Home : )


I received my samples from the book "Playful Little Paper Pieced Projects" this week.  It is a nice feeling to have them safe at home: )   They were sent away so long ago, I had forgotten how fresh and cheerful they are!


I think that picking out the fabrics is my favorite part of creating a new project.  This one was particularly fun.  The text print is from Suzuko Koseki and the Floral Print is from Moda's Sweet line.  Both are out of print fabrics.  Check out this blog post for some tips on finding those hard to find fabrics.  The sweet apple zipper pull is from the online shop SuperBuzzy.  They are also a great source for Japanese Suzuko Koseki Fabrics.



This is the second option I submitted for the book for an apple themed project.  It didn't make the cut but I think I'd still like to make the apple tote for myself!!!


The Kite tote will be fun to use this Spring!  I love the way the colors coordinate with my blocks from my Vintage Block Quilt Along!


I used some of my favorite Japanese fabrics including Atsuko Matsuyama prints, Yuwa prints and the kite pinwheels which are from a vintage feed sack.



You can find similar prints on Etsy in these shops: Sew Me a Song, Blije Olifantje, Ayumills and Sew Deerly Loved.

Happy Friday!
xo
Charise



3 comments:

  1. I do love your style and Japanese fabrics!
    I've got the book, tho I've not made anything from it yet ~ I will be making that little apple pouch! love the tote too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you considered entering some of quilt block designs in the AccuQuilt Block Design contest.http://www.accuquilt.com/block-contest#!/ ? There is over $22,000 in prizes for the Grand Prize! I work for AccuQuilt and I am trying to spread the word! Please take a look at the information at the above link. Good luck! cm

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!