3.28.2011

Hand Stitching

Originally this sweet little patch of hexies was made for the back of the double wedding ring pillow in the previous post. But I couldn't do it. I Couldn't put those sweet little hexies on the back of a pillow and just occasionally see them. So I decided I would make a pillow. Then I remembered seeing the quilt below in this wonderful book. Yes, you can see where this is going. As I'm writing this I was thinking I should actually count the number of hexagons in that quilt. Each consecutive ring include six more hexagons than the previous one. I'm crazy, I know, but it would be an amazing quilt. Nope, on second thought, not counting, just gonna go for it.

I love having these as a hand sewing project to keep my hands busy while watching TV in the evening. My original stack for this project. If this becomes a quilt it will definitely grow......... Wish me luck. I have a feeling this will take a very long time : )

2 comments:

  1. Charise I am another Bryant mom, I met you at the first arts committee meeting, I found your blog and was intrigued. I am a quilter! I would love to get together sometime for some coffee/tea to share ideas and build a quilting community. Sincerely,
    Lisa Meuleman (mother of Katia and Ava at Bryant)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa
    I'd love to get together. I'll look for your email in the Bryant phone book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!