11.26.2022

Make it Modern with Bee Basics and Backgrounds

 

Hi! 

 I had the opportunity to play with the fabric line from  Lori Holts ~ Bee Basics and Backgrounds. I absolutely love Lori Holt's designs and was inspired to make some fun paper pieced blocks.

The background I chose for the blocks is called Bee Backgrounds Pattern in color Mint. It is the perfect background for these sewing themed blocks. Can you find the vintage 60's gal with the bee hive hair do? She is so darn cute!

I used five different prints sewn together for the body of the Thread Spool. I love how it turned out!
I also used the Bee Happy text print to add some fun fussy cut words to the thread spool. 


I used the same Bee Happy text print for the fussy cut text and the adorable Heart print for the body of the Vintage Iron. 



The blocks were begging to be made into some fun boxy pouches.

The happy ginghams were perfect for binding the top of the pouches!

You can find the Vintage Sewing Paper Piecing Patterns and the Home Sweet Home zipper pouch in my Etsy shop - Charise Creates.

Happy Sewing!

Charise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!