8.29.2016

Moving my Studio



Hi All and Happy Monday!
I don't often post on my blog about personal going ons, but our particular status affects my sewing space.

We are in the middle of an epic remodel.  Well...it is really like we are building a new house!
We have moved once and I was able to purge a bunch of stuff - clothes, fabric....

Now we are moving again!!!  Yikes.

I purchased those lovely fabric boxes from Target and they are a great way to organize my fabric.  Organizing by color works best for me and my creative process.

I'm trying to keep a positive outlook especially knowing that we will have a brand new house
and I will have a dedicated sewing space.  I haven't had a sewing room for seven years!
Six more months (fingers crossed).

Do you have any tips for keeping organized?  I'd love to hear them!

Happy Sewing!
xo
Charise

Our house before the remodel : )

The Plan and progress so far.


8 comments:

  1. Wow! What an undertaking and with a young family! We did a 150 yr old farmhouse one room at a time.You will love it in the long run. As to your stash. Send it to Ohio! I'll keep it safe. Sort of.😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place before the renovation! Gosh, can't imagine after the reno work! Patience is a virtue but in the end it will be all worth it and to have a dedicated sewing space once again is exciting! Good luck look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats exciting! I love the fabric boxes but have returned to boxes with lifs - no dusting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy do I empathize with you! We have been remodeline for a year and a half (you can see the before and after pictures on my 2016 New Quilt Bloggers post) and are now really close to move in day! I actually packed all of my sewing stuff away (never dreaming it would take this long) so I had to start a stash all over from scratch and it is just piled by color on the top two shelves of a bookshelf. One of my blogging friends, Melva at Melva Loves Scraps is doing a linky party where we can share our sewing spaces and that's pretty much all I have to show at the moment! But in three weeks . . . I can't wait!! I'll bet your sewing space is going to be FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, what a beautiful house! Can't wait to see the after version!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lookin' good! Good luck We did a total kitchen remodel and paint this last winter. It is so nice when it is done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is going to be an amazing home!! Very exciting, hard too, but so worth it!!! Fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my!! It's going to be beautiful!! Hope it is ready in 6 months!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!