5.08.2016

The Farmer's Wife 1930's Quilt Along - Mrs. Brown

Hi and welcome to my stop on the Farmer's Wife 1930's Quilt Along hosted by Kerry of Very Kerry Berry.  
It has been fun to be a part of this blog hop, especially since 
it has also kept me on track to have enough blocks to make a quilt at the end of the Quilt Along.


I took this block quite literally and found a "lady" fabric from Suzuko Koseki.
I think she makes a smashing Mrs Brown : )


I love to search my fabric stash for the perfect fabrics - my favorite part of the block making process.

The center Lady print fabric is Fashion Cheater Print, Col A, by Suzuko Koseki for Yuwa of Japan. You can find it at Sew Me a Song [HERE]

The red and pink scalp fabric is an older print - "Miss Kate" by Bonnie & Camille for MODA fabrics, 
# 55092-15 and you can find it [HERE]

The yellow dot is Lecien Basic Micro dots. I couldn't find that exact fabric, but Moda has a good yellow basic dot you can find on Etsy.

The aqua blue ground strawberry print is Minny Muu by Lecien. This print is used is an older version' but Pink Castle Fabrics carries some new Lecien strawberry prints [HERE] and [HERE]

The turquoise ground yellow circle flower is a Japanese fabric I've had in my stash for some time.  I was happy to find a use for it : )



Be sure to check out all the wonderful Farmer's Wife blocks on Instagram.  
Search for the hashtag #FW1930sQAL.
And don't forget to label your blocks with the hashtag, too!

Happy Sewing!
xo
Charise


4 comments:

  1. This is going to make a beautiful quilt. Love your new block and how you select your fabric for each block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Charise, I knew there would be carefully placed, beautifully chosen fussy cuts, and there were!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous block Charise. Your fabric choices are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!