5.02.2016

Me Made May & May is for Makers


This time of year always sparks my desire to make some new Spring clothes.  
There are two online "maker movements" going on in May.

The first is "Me Made May".  You can find the details [HERE]  
The idea is to wear at least one item you have made each day.  I am going to try and do that, and sew up a few new items for myself.

The second is May is for Makers.  You can find the details [HERE]
This challenge is all about supporting independent pattern designers, by purchasing one pattern per week, 5 in total, from indie pattern designers during the month of May.

I am going to make the Mississippi Ave Top from Sew House 7.  Supplies are gathered, fabric washed and pressed, and cutting will (hopefully) commence later today.


You can also support my independent pattern shop on ETSY [HERE]
This is a pic of my Anna Blouse I lengthened and made into a dress.

You can find pics on Instagram with the hashtags #MeMadeMay & #MayisforMakers.

Happy sewing!

xo
Charise

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Charise! This looks like a fantastic summer pattern. Also I love, LOVE the fabric in your photo -- can you share the source? Is it a Liberty lawn? And if so, do you think you'll need to add a lining to the Mississippi Ave top?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!