1.05.2015

Learn to Paper Piece with me in Issue #9 of Sew It All!

Fabrics used: Robert Kaufmann Essex yard dyed linen in Flax, Blue Polka Dot Spot On by Robert Kaufmann, Blue Floral print from Moda Boho by Urban Chiks, Pink Text print from Riley Blake "Vintage Happy" by Lori Holt. 

Hello and Happy Monday!  I am so happy to be in the new issue of Sew it All.
I have written a paper piecing article for the magazine and it covers all the basics you need to master the technique of foundation paper piecing.  I share the supplies you need, and my tips and tricks for creating a successful paper pieced block.



You can download the paper pieced sewing machine pattern for free for a limited time HERE.
You can find the digital version of the magazine HERE which has the information to make the sewing machine cover.

There is also a fun project to make - a paper pieced sewing machine cover.



The sewing machine cover is a simple project as well.


It is finished with bias tape and has pockets on the back to store your current sewing project, patterns or notions!


Be sure to check back on Friday, January 9th, when I share a
new pattern and beginning foundation paper piecing tutorial!
If you can't wait, I've listed the pattern which includes the complete paper piecing tutorial on Craftsy HERE  : )

xo
Charise

4 comments:

  1. That is such an adorable cover!!!! I just bought a Singer Featherweight and I think she would love to cuddle up underneath it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. I love your fabric choices. What is the fabric with the "A coloured pencil" text? It is just perfect for those crayons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore this sewing machine cover. You must share what fabrics you used :) I will be back on January 9, 2015. I hope you will offer this pattern for sale. I am in Canada and do not have access to the magazine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi
      Sew it all has the paper piecing pattern available at their website here.
      http://www.sewitallmag.com/articles/Make-A-Sewing-Machine-Cover?bc=c
      Click on the "Download the paper piecing guide"

      The sewing machine cover instructions can be found in the magazine and they have a digital copy available:
      http://www.shopsewitall.com/product/sew-it-all-volume-9-digital-issue/magazine-issues-sew-it-all

      Thanks!
      Charise

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!