8.12.2014

Summer Sewing for Myself ~ Swing Tanks



We have had the most amazing summer in Seattle.  The temperature has been in the 80's and 90's most every day!  I saw a cute tank in a local store that was perfect for this fab summer weather.  Fitted through the bust so it is flattering, but loose and swingy so it is comfortable too - just perfect for hot summer days.  

The style was a bit too junior for me - bra revealing low back and a Stevie Nicks handkerchief hem - so I decided to put my pattern drafting skills to work and created a pattern.  
The tank I drafted has a scoop back detail and adjustable straps.  The adjustable straps are such a nice detail and surprisingly easy to add. The version pictured above is an older Free Spirit print in rayon challis.  It has a beautiful drape and is super soft and comfy!  You can find the fabric Here.

The fabric I used for this tank is a Joel Dewberry rayon challis.



I purchased yardage to make a dress version in this Anna Maria Horner rayon challis print which I adore!
You can find the Anna Maria Horner fabric here.

The tank will also be a fun style to layer with a cardigan and wear with skinny jeans and boots this Fall.
I can see the dress with a knee length wool sweater, tights and boots : )

I hope you are enjoying your summer!

xo
Charise




3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!