1.20.2014

*** 2013 - Quite a year! Thank you!!! ***



I would like to say "Thank You" to all my readers.  You have made this past year absolutely amazing.  Reading your comments is always a joy and inspires me to keep sewing.
Thank you for all your wonderful and kind words!

It was a busy year filled with lots of makes and my first contribution to a sewing book.

"Playful Little Paper Pieced Projects" is a wonderful book full of sweet designs.  I'm so excited to be a part of the book and looking forward to making projects from the book.


Plus a small appearance of my free tulip pattern in "Quilt Essentials" by Erin Harris.

I designed some new paper piecing patterns.  

Created paper piecing blocks for Cocorico and Ringo Pie Paper Piecing bees.
The guitar pattern is from Paper Panache and the snowflake is from Rumi at 3 patch. 

I contributed many projects to Stitch Magazine.
I love the publication and am very proud to have been a contributor!

I also contributed to Sew News


 designed and made a quilt for Quiltmaker...........


and designed this ruffle clutch for the Liberty Craft Blog!
This is definitely a highlight of the year.  I adore Liberty fabrics.  


I created two non quilting patterns for my shops.



Though nine were slated for 2013, I created six new blocks for the "Vintage Block Quilt Along".
Stay tuned for the last three coming soon!


I entered a sewing contest last summer.  I was honored to be chosen as a participant in the Super Online Sewing Match hosted by Sew Mama Sew and made it all the way to the last round.  I'm so happy I participated as it renewed my love for making clothes which is how I started sewing many years ago!


I joined one online swap this year and it was a fun one!  The Strawberry Pincushion Swap hosted by Erin at Why Not Sew.  I made the strawberries from this pattern, the basket is from Anna at Noodlehead and the pouch is my design from Stitch Gifts 2012.



I made some clothes this year.  It was very gratifying and I hope to do lots more this year!


*2014*
My list is long for 2014.  
Here is hoping that putting my list of "to dos" down in writing will help me achieve my goals : )
Last Monday was spent organizing my projects and I now feel ready to tackle my "to do's" for 2014!


These are some purse designs that I would like to make patterns for in 2014.

I plan on completing the Color Burst Quilt pattern for my shop.

Some more home decor and accessory patterns.

The Anna Blouse is a must create pattern for this year!


and definitely more paper piecing patterns for 2014..


Look for my designs in a few books for 2014.  
One is pictured above (cover girl!) and the other is still under wraps : ) 


All in all, it was a good year filled with incredible memories both professionally and with my wonderful family.  I am blessed indeed!
xo
Charise

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Charise! You really did have quite a year in 2013. Can't wait to see what you'll do in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your makes! So bright and pretty. I love that blouse. I haven't done any garment sewing in a couple decades (!) but I just might make that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had an amazing year! You are a very talented seamstress and I was rooting for you in the sewing challenge. I've also been following along with the Vintage Block QAL and have, so far, completed all but the last block. I love all of them! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. What an amazing collection! Congrats on a wonderful year and best wishes for what's to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - your work is unbelievable! Your are incredibly talented. Looking forward to your creations for 2014!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!