Today I thought I'd share a bit of my design process.
I was really hoping to have this paper pieced pattern sewn up today.
It is inspired by some pics I found of flowers in vintage bottles.
It has been finished for at least a month and now that I'm sewing it I've decided to made some changes. Ugh!
The middle flower was too small so I enlarged it. I really like the flower and bottle on the left but don't like the one on the right - so I'll take the time to redo it! I'm always amazed at how organic the process is. It isn't fast or easy but I do find it rewarding ~ if I take a breath and don't rush it : )
I also finished this pattern months ago. It was a contender for the Sew Out Loud Quilt along but I decided to create "Design Studio" instead. I have a bit more hand stitching to do and then it will be a pillow for my sewing chair. The pattern is available as an instand download in my Craftsy shop and also on Etsy.
I'm a naughty girl and went back to the vintage estate warehouse. I found a complete Featherweight accessories box with the original unopened machine oil and screwdriver for $5!
Also, this group of vintage sundries for just another $5.
Have a wonderful day!