I finally finished the pattern for these little apples. Link to the Pattern Here!
If you have any questions/ comments, please leave a comment on this post and I will answer here so everyone can see the response. Tks!!
Paper pieced apple tutorial:
1) First, I like to print out a copy of the pattern for reference.
Photo copy the Fabric Cutting Template onto freezer paper, dull side.
Carefully cut out your pattern pieces on the black lines.
I like to sort the pieces in groups by fabric.
2) Iron the pieces to your fabric, right side.
Leave at least a 1/4" s.a. around each piece.
3) Print out your Foundation Paper Piecing Templates onto copy paper
or Vellum. I have also used heavy wt. tracing paper.
Pls note *** these templates are the mirror image of the actual block.
Position piece #1 over the template. If you are using copy paper, you will have to
hold the fabric up to a light or window to see through the paper to postion the piece correctly.
Pin your fabric in place
4) Place piece #2 onto piece one matcing your seam line.
Lift piece #2 to and use your freezer paper edge to help match up the seams and pin into place.
5) Flip your template over and stitch on the seam line between piece #1 & #2.
I use a small stitch and back tack at the end of each seam line.
6) This is how your pieces will look after sewing.
7) Fold your template back and trim your seam allowance to 3/16".
8) Continue around piece #1 until you have your apple sewn together.
9) ****Note that A7 and A8 are stitched together before stitching to A3****
10) When you are finished sewing, you will have two apple halves. Match and pin at seams. Stitch down the center for your completed apple.
I added a border and some seeds with a lazy daisy stitch!
Pls comment with any questions and I'll be sure to answer you : )