12.01.2009

Toile and a finished project!

I adore toile fabrics and decoration. I recently purchased this book, Toiles De Jouy, which has beautiful examples of the French fabric maker's toiles.



I started collecting this version of toiles - transferware plates - about eight years ago when my husband's grandmother gifted us reproduction red and white Spode dinner plates for our wedding.
I've been collecting ever since and have purchased them on Ebay (left), at auctions (center) and on my travels in the South of France (right).

More of my ever growing collection. I found the plates on the right at my local T.J. Maxx for $1 a piece!

I recently finished these pillow covers. (Yay, 1 more thing to cross off the list!) The white swirl printed fabric is actually napkins I bougth at Anthropologie some time ago. The toile was purchased at Jo-Annes.
I love the way they turned out!
I used three self fabric covered buttons for the back envelope closure in contrast red toile with red toile binding in the same pattern. I had never made covered bttns before. They were so easy and I'm really happy with the look.

Happy sewing and collecting!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! These are very attractive.The thought you have shared really appreciative.This is really interesting take on the concept.I never thought of it that way. I came across this site recently which I think it will be a great use of new ideas and information regarding home decoration.

    Spode Dinner Plates

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!