9.23.2018

Hexie Sewing & Farmer's Wife blocks





Happy Sunday Peeps!
It has been a very long time since I posted here.  
Instagram has been my preferred method of sharing projects these days due to time constraints,  but I do miss this space!

My sewing time is limited these days as I am in the middle of a 3 month contract position designing women's clothing at a Seattle company.
It has been 9 years since I have had a corporate design job!  
I have tried to fit in some sewing time, but it has been a challenge juggling the 9-5 work day (actually 8-6 counting the commute time) and family life.

I have pulled out my hexie stash so I have a bit of hand sewing, which I love to do during the Fall.
I am not sure what to make with them....any ideas?
I'd love to hear your suggestions!


I have also unearthed my Farmer's Wife 1920's blocks.  These were made years ago for the original Farmer's wife sew along.
There is a new epp Farmer's Wife sew along for those who'd like to hand sew the blocks.
Machine sewing is my preferred method : )


If you want to read more about the original Farmer's Wife journey, you can find it [HERE]


Happy Sewing!
xo
Charise



5 comments:

  1. Hexie pumpkins! Congrats on the job. Wish you blogged more. I'm not on those other social media sites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Thanks for the fun idea for the hexes! The job is definitely taking away from blogging time but my goal is to post at least once a week, on the weekend when I have more time : )

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I started making the 1920s Farmer's Wife blocks during that same sew along! Then I started mixing in some other random 6" sampler blocks, and then I set them all aside to try to make progress on languishing UFOs... As we do! Are you working on your FW project again or were you just "revisiting" the blocks for the blog post?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm personally a big fan of charisecreates blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path
    clipping path service
    background removal

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!