2.28.2017

Bella Skill Builder ~ Orange Peel


Hi!  Can you believe it is already March?  The year is flying by and I am ready for Spring : )


Today I am sharing the latest block in the Bella Skill Builder hosted by Fat Quarter Shop ~ Orange Peel. 



Fat Quarter Shop has a nifty Orange Peel template which you can find [HERE]  
I chose to do a turned edge appliqué.  No raw edges for me.
  
I started making my petals by using hand appliqué but then saw these gorgeous petals made by Amy Sinabaldi.
She cuts the petals 3/8" larger than the templates and then carefully irons the seam allowance around the template. You can see her petals and the explanation [HERE]


I am continuing with my pink lemonade palette which has been so fun and refreshing to work with!
So far, my blocks are playing nicely together : )

Be sure to share your block with the hashtag #BellaSkillBuilder !

Happy Sewing
xo
Charise




2 comments:

  1. Hello from the QAL - Love your color choices and they way you put everything together! - Marni

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!