2.18.2016

The Splendid Sampler ~ "Wings"


Happy Thursday to you!
Today I'm sharing the second block in The Splendid Sampler Sew Along ~ Wings.
This block was designed by Jane Davidson who created The Splendid Sampler Sew Along along with Pat Sloan.  Jane also designed the graphics for all the patterns and they are stunning!

Be sure to head on over to TheSplendidSampler.com for the pattern.


I am a big fan of scrappy quilts and blocks, so this one was incredibly fun to pick fabrics for.
Some of the fabrics are small scraps that I have been saving for some time.



The others are pictured above (Left to Right):

Windham Fabrics "Little Menagerie",  Lakehouse Drygoods Floral, Hello Betty by Chloe's Closet by Moda Fabrics, "Country Girls" by Tasha Noel for Riley Blake, "Simpatico" by Maywood Studios, Flower Bouquet for Lecien, "Fog City Kitty" for Lakehouse Drygoods, "BonBon Bebe" by Robyn Pandolph for RJR fabrics, Lakehouse Favorites Aqua Seed Catalog, Moda Essential Dots Teal on White 

I used Aurifil 12 wt embroidery thread to embroider the butterfly antennae.


This was a fun and easy block to make.  Enjoy!

Happy Sewing 
Charise

4 comments:

  1. I'm doing The Splendid Sampler too. And you can find me on Bloglovin at Grannycanquilt.wordpress.com. BTW I love your blocks. I blogged about Block 1 but from now on I'll only post once in a while I think. But I am posting to Instagram and you can see both blocks on my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charise, I am sure enjoying the Splendid Sampler so far and your block's and color's are my favorite. I really look forward to seeing all your blocks through the next year. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so inspired by your color palette! I hope you don't mind if I totally copy it! Well, not totally, since I don't have all the same fabrics- but I do have several! Your blocks just make my heart happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you kidding me, Charise!!!!!!!!! This is just breathtaken!!!! As usual you choose the most beautiful color pallete, the most stunning prints and the most awesome pattern! Thank you for sharing your talent with all of us!! Best Stitches from Brazil!!
    XO
    Sil

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!