1.14.2015

Tea Time ~ Work in Progress Wednesday



Happy Wednesday to you!  Today I have been working on a quilt block for the Cocorico Online Quilting Bee on Flickr.  Kylie asked for tea themed blocks for her quilt. 

Kylie supplied some great images and I used one of them for the inspiration for this design.


I am happy with it overall but I think that next time I will make the spoon in a darker fabric so it "pops" a bit more.

I will be sure to share here on my blog when the pattern is in my shops for sale : )


I love the tea bag - that adorable tea pot motif is from a Japanese fabric I have had in my stash for ages and I love to use the motifs for paper pieced blocks.

Be sure to head on over to Freshly Pieced for more wonderful Works in Progress or search the hashtag #WIPWednesday on Instagram. : )

xo
Charise

13 comments:

  1. How adorable! I love the spoon fabric - so perfect! But you are right, it doesn't show up right away. Sometimes subtle is better though - makes the viewer look more closely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just needed to tell you that I just love your work; your patterns and fabric selection. This cup and teabag with spoon block just makes me want to curl up with a good book as I enjoy my tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on Instagram today and thought it was just the cutest thing ever!! The design is darling and you have paired it with the perfect fabrics!! Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...I love this so much! Will be keeping an eye out for the pattern. You do such wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah simply stunning, brilliant and gorgeous what more can I say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty. Your piecing amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. That tea bag is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm speechless! You just keep getting better and better, Charise. This design is so delicate and lovely. Just the pick me up I needed on a dreary and cold day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I' m embarrassed to admit that I almost cried when I saw this block. It is too adorable. You are incredible.

    Leslie S. in M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kylie is going to be thrilled with it. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGOSH! So adorable! Is this a pattern you can share?

    I followed a Pin to your blog. I believe I am going to enjoy exploring your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!