8.26.2014

Sketch Book Cover Tutorial


Just in time for back to school, I designed this handy sketch book cover!
You can find it over at the Sew Mama Sew blog.
I love to have a sketch book in my bag at all times to jot down ideas or just to doodle!  They are also great for list writing and immortalizing all your fabulous ideas!  Since I change my bag often, I designed a sketch book cover that has a handy pocket on the back to keep your pen or pencils.  There is nothing worse than wanting to write down or sketch an idea but not being able to find a pencil in your purse - which happens to me often.  Thus the design for this handy sketch book cover!


The cover has a paper pieced pencil and embroidery detail.


This is also a great project to make for young artists - a perfect portable sketch book with everything in its place!


The handy pocket on the back has a velcro closure.
Perfect for stowing your favorite sketching tools.

You can find the tutorial and pattern at the Sew Mama Sew blog!

Happy Sewing!
xo
Charise

4 comments:

  1. Great idea to Close the pocket at the back of the sketch book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! Pinning this as I know someone this would be a perfect Christmas gift for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I need to add this to my sewing to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is perfect. thank you for such a well-crafted tutorial.
    jaya
    *Jaya's place*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!