I am excited to share block #6 in the Vintage Block Quilt Along.
Crazy Anne is from the Kansas City Star circa 1932. This is an easy block to make - completely rotary cut shapes - no pattern involved!
Kansas City Star
Makes a 12" finished / 12 1/2" unfinished block
Various mid weigh cotton fabric pieces
Self Healing Mat
All seams are 1/4"
Cut the block pieces
1 - 3" square for the center
2 - 3 1/4" x 6" rectangles - Dark Print
2 - 3 1/4" x 6" rectangles - Light background
2 - 5 5/8" Print Squares
4 - 3 1/4" Squares - Light background squares
4 - 2 7/8" Print squares
*Cut the 2 - 5 5/8" squares in half diagonally - you will have 4 triangles
*Cut all 4 - 3 1/4" x 6" rectangles in half diagonally from the left top corner to the bottom right corner.
*Cut the 3 1/4" squares in half diagonally - you will have 8 triangles
Arrange the Block
Sew the Top and Bottom Row Together
1) Starting with the top row, stitch the center point unit together. Press seam open.
2) Stitch the upper left corner square to the background triangles. Press seam open.
Repeat for the upper right triangle.
3) Stitch the print triangle to the upper right triangle. Press seam toward the print triangle.
Repeat for the other side.
4) Repeat 1 - 3 for the bottom row of the Block
Assemble the middle row of the block
1) Stitch the outside rectangles together.
Stitch to the inside square.
Finish the block
1) Stitch the top row to the middle row, Press seam open
2) Stitch the top/middle row to the bottom row, Press seam open.
I'd love to see what you make. Please add your block to my Vintage Block Quilt Along Group on Flickr.