2.28.2023

Down the Rabbit Hole - Tea Party

 


I had the pleasure of working with the new line of fabric from Jill Howarth - "Down the Rabbit Hole" for Riley Blake Designs.

I love every fabric line Jill designs and this one does not disappoint. It is adorable! The first theme that came to mind when thinking of Alice's adventures in Wonderland was a Tea Party!

The fabrics are perfect for fussy cutting so I decided to make tea cup coasters with a cute image of Alice on each teacup.

Both of the coasters use "Blossoms" from Riley Blake Designs, which is a great basic and coordinates so well with "Down the Rabbit Hole".


If you want to make some cute coasters - see below : )

Coaster Tutorial:

Materials: (for one coaster)

7" square fusible batting

7" square fabric

7" tea cup block (I used my Tea Cup and Tea Time patterns which you can find [HERE]

30" - 3/8" wide finished bias binding


* Add borders to your block so that it measures 7" square

1)  Create a quilt sandwich.  Quilt the top block to the batting as desired.   I used a stitch in the ditch stitching around the teacup and straight line stitching beneath the cup.



2)  Pin the backing to the quilted tea cup.  Use the Creative Grids Multi sized curved corner ruler or the edge of a small cup to trace the curved shape on all the corners of the coaster.  Cut the curved edge of all corners.


3)  Baste around the perimeter of the coaster.

4) Head on over to my Bias Binding Tutorial to finish the project.



Continuing the tea party theme, I made these cute and comfy pillows with a fussy cut teapot and coordinating teacup. 


You can find all the teacup and teapot patterns in my Etsy Shop - Charise Creates.

Click [HERE] for a handy little tutorial on making and applying bias binding which I used on all the projects.

Happy Sewing!

Charise


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!