3.21.2024

Picnic Florals Granny Purse & A Patchwork Coaster Tutorial

 Today I am sharing a few projects I made with the new fabric line from My Mind’s Eye, “Picnic Florals”. It is such a sunny, fun fabric line. Just what I need this time of year! I absolutely love the pink and yellow color way. The prints include an adorable strawberry print, gorgeous florals, and a lovely gingham and stripe.



The “Granny Purse” is a sweet hobo style bag. It has a cute little gathered pocket on one side. I added a custom covered button and loop closure. The purse is roomy with an inside pocket. Perfect for the market or for your portable knitting or sewing project.



The opposite side of the bag has a patch pocket. I trimmed the pocket with a sweet lace trim.


This collection just had to be made into a cute patchwork project. I love having a collection of coasters. 
I made this sweet 9 patch coaster and you can too! 


Sometimes it is nice to make a quick project and this coaster is just that project. 
It is a free pattern on my blog!

If you make a project with “Picnic Florals” be sure to tag your photos on social media with the following hashtags:

#PicnicFloralFabric #ILoveRileyBlake #RileyBlakeDesigns

I love to see what you make!

Happy Sewing!

xo

Charise




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!