8.27.2022

Emma Fan Quilt


 Hello!

I had the pleasure of working with the new fabric line "Emma" from Citrus and Mint designs for Riley Blake Designs. The prints are adorable, and from the collection name you can guess the fabric collection is based on the Jane Austen novel "Emma".

The prints include couples dancing, beautiful houses, florals and swallows, to name a few.



I thought that fans were strictly a fashion item but, actually they were used to communicate with a suitor! 

My favorite is "I wish to be acquainted" which would be conveyed by holding the fan in the left hand and covering your face below the eyes. You can find more fascinating facts [HERE]





I had such fun combining pairs of fabric, and a green print to make each fan. The fans are paper pieced and then set on point.


I chose to use the extra fabric from the Fans to create a scrappy backing and binding.

The beautiful fan quilting design was stitched by Ashely of Hen House Quilting.


If you are interested in making your own Fan Quilt, I created a pattern which is available in my Etsy shop Charise Creates.

Happy Sewing!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!