Hand Stitching

Originally this sweet little patch of hexies was made for the back of the double wedding ring pillow in the previous post. But I couldn't do it. I Couldn't put those sweet little hexies on the back of a pillow and just occasionally see them. So I decided I would make a pillow. Then I remembered seeing the quilt below in this wonderful book. Yes, you can see where this is going. As I'm writing this I was thinking I should actually count the number of hexagons in that quilt. Each consecutive ring include six more hexagons than the previous one. I'm crazy, I know, but it would be an amazing quilt. Nope, on second thought, not counting, just gonna go for it.

I love having these as a hand sewing project to keep my hands busy while watching TV in the evening. My original stack for this project. If this becomes a quilt it will definitely grow......... Wish me luck. I have a feeling this will take a very long time : )


My first quilted project

Months ago I started the Pickle dish quilt along from Aneela's website here. I have lots of the arcs sewn but I was dying to see this made into something. Hence the pillow. It is my first quilting project and I absolutely loved doing the hand quilting.
I doubt I will do this for the actual quilt though it is lovely! Happy Sunday and Sewing!


A Saucer for the Tea Cups

A few weeks ago I started playing around making some tea cup blocks. I like them so much I think they will become a quilt. I felt they needed a bit of relief, so I came up with this:

I'm really happy with the way it turned out. It is all machine pieced and was pretty easy to do.

I think it will make a pretty quilt!
I'm off to a quilt show in Monroe, WA. Can't wait as I've never been to one before.
Happy Sunday and Happy Sewing!


Traveler Quilt Block

This week I joined a group to help make a quilt for an expectant Miss.
Parameters were using some Heather Ross fabric and I chose the color Red. I tried my hardest to make it gender neutral (we don't yet know the gender of the baby) and I think it turned out well. It is suppose to be an "improv block". Though I did plan a bit so it wasn't done entirely by the seat of my pants. I couldn't resist adding a wee bit of pink.
The boys got along rather well this afternoon and I was able to sneak in this bit of sewing!